Monday, March 10, 2014

More About Every Tribe

Hallay S is the creator of Every Tribe....Hear her story....

 Over the past year, we have had two school supply drives and a Christmas stocking sponsorship. In the summer of 2013, a college friend and I lived in one of the Mixtecan communities. Our main goal was to establish relationships in the community. I now have personal contact with over one hundred Mixtecans in Montgomery and some outside of Alabama. During the summer we tutored children ages four through twelve in math, science, reading, and writing. I taught English to preschoolers and mothers. We took parents and children to Doctors appointments, Dentist appointments, school meetings, and countless other appointments. 

 My goal is to live life with them and in doing so show Christ's love through my actions. There are many times during every experience that I get to share about Christ and the gospel. We have had many children accept Christ and a few adults. God is working in His own timing and I am excited to see the progress. 

I am currently in college to get my degree in Intercultural Ministries and while in school, I go home on the weekends to tutor and maintain my friendships. Most Saturdays consist of making tortillas with the women and enjoying a good meal with my Mixtecan family. This year we have celebrated many births and mourned the death of our sweet Liliana whose funeral we were asked to attend. God has truly blessed us with this opportunity to be a small part in their lives!

 Be praying for Hallay and all involved in ministering to the Mixteco people group who have ended up in Montgomery, AL. We believe the Lord brought them here for a purpose.


Deuteronomy 10:18 "He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow, and loves the foreigner residing among you, giving them food and clothing".

No comments:

Post a Comment